Saturday, September 3, 2011

Concealing the President's Boo-Boo

The location where he is positioned is not secret service-secure to protect him from those who bustle into my doll room without regard to the dolls positioned at the entrance atop boxed dolls.  He also was not supported by a doll stand.  As a result, my TrueType African American figure molded in the likeness of President Obama has fallen or been knocked down on numerous occasions. 


His last fall occurred several weeks ago causing a paint scrape to his forehead.  "Dang,"  I thought... "that daughter of mine!"  But who knew these figures were painted and such injuries would occur with a simple fall onto a carpeted floor?  "Oh well... I'll fix him soon," I thought again.

Finally I did.  To avoid mixing paint to match his manufactured, painted complexion, I used a combination of face powder and concealers.  I applied the concealers first and sealed with powdered make-up using a make-up sponge. 

Here he is now, supported on a doll stand, almost as good as new. 

dbg

9 comments:

  1. Thanks! Good to know. I will watch out for mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks from me also. I can't see the repair - congratulations on the excellent job.

    By the way, Mrs. O looks great in that pepper red blouse. Good color on her ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms. Leo and D7ana - You're welcome. Yep we've got to watch out for the TrueTypes.

    D7ana, Ms. O. says, "Thank you very much."


    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh What A Good Surprise!!
    For Remove A Spot I Know What To Do,But To Recriate An Original Tone I Discovered A Way By BLACK DOLLS.
    Thank You Debbie!!
    Good Post!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome Jorge! I hope you never have to use this technique.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  6. So you mean the first time he fell, you didn't put him on a stand? What about the second time? He can't even get respect in action figure form. Dang! Thanks for the repair tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL... I know, Vanessa ... I'm such a bad collector. It took at least 5 falls for the boo-boo to happen and for me to learn from my standless mistake.

    But in my defense, he is not the only one who has fallen. One head has fallen off another AF, but the President is the only one who suffered an injury. I have since moved the others to a safer location.

    And... yesterday I ordered 16 doll stands.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok,Debbie Thank You!!
    But If One Of The Children Had A Necessity I Just Know By The BDC What To Do...
    After All We Neve Know What Happens When We Close The Door Of The Doll´s Room Heehehehhehe!!

    Hugs Dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right, Jorge! When the collectors are away the dolls might play.
    :-)

    dbg

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!