Thursday, February 9, 2012

My Stardoll

Vanessa, of Fashion Dolls at Van's Doll Treasures, has shared how much she enjoys the Stardoll website where members can design their very own MeDoll and create the virtual doll's wardrobe. I promised Vanessa that I would try the site.  I finally did a few weeks ago.

I created my own MeDoll with an attempt to have her resemble me.  I have not created a fashion wardrobe. I have also not decorated her various rooms. If I were interested in fashion and design, this site would probably enthuse me as much as it does others; and if indulging in these design activities were free, I might be more inclined to spend time at the site. However, Starcoins and Stardollars are required to purchase the more desirable items. I do have the 100 Stardollars that came with the purchase of my three-dimensional Stardoll; however, I have no immediate plans to spend this cybermoney.

I did promise Vanessa that I would share my MeDoll, which is the purpose of this blog. I thought since I shared my young Debbie paper doll two days ago, that today's blog would fulfill my promise to Vanessa.

So here she is:
We are definitely not twins, but she is as close to resembling me as I could achieve using the limited face shapes, skin tones, eyes, eyebrows, noses, mouths, and hairstyles available at the site.    What she lacks is personality.  Not that I have a lot of it, but she has none.  She also does not have the natural coarser, curlier texture of my hair.  My MeDoll is missing one of my two pairs of black framed eyeglasses, because she has 20/20 vision.  I certainly do not.  I've worn glasses since I was the age of my young Debbie paper doll.  Back then I did not wear them all the time, but now I do, sometimes even when I sleep.   She has thick eyebrows.  Mine used to be, but they are thinner, a sign of "maturity."  Also missing is the gray hair that frames my face and the years that came with it -- I know she wants that; she wants to wear eyeglasses 24/7, too. 

So add in a little personality, coarser/curlier hair salted with the gray that I recently stopped coloring, about 20+ more years (she looks 30ish), corrective lenses for severe astigmatism, thinner eyebrows, and my MeDoll and I could be twins.   

:-) 

Fellow bloggers/readers, have you stardolled yourself?  If not, try it; and please share your MeDoll on your blog. 
dbg

4 comments:

  1. I think it is fun to have Medolls. I bet Chynadoll could make a 3D version of you that would be a dead ringer. Thanks for sharing your Star Doll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Limbe Dolls - MeDolls are fun, particularly if you have the spare time to spend at the site.

      I am sure Chyndadoll could create a nice 3D version of me. I might consider commissioning her to do that in the future.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. Thank you for indulging me and sharing your Stardoll. I can see the resemblance. The cover on your book shows a lighter skin tone. Did you intentionally make your Medoll darker. Are you saving your Stardollars for a rainy day? If you want the gray, I'm sure you can get it from the Haircolor Shop. You can put the color in right where you need it to go. You can probably get glasses, too. For others interested in trying, I play for hours, buy lots of clothes and have yet to spend a dime of real money. The more you play, the more free money you earn. So there is a way to do it without spending real money. If you do decide to spend money, it's relatively inexpensive at about $5 per month. I've gained incredible styling knowledge, not only for my dolls, but for me, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanessa -- My MeDoll is much darker than I am. I just chose a brown complexion and did not modify it. Brown is brown.

      What you see is who I was in 2006 on the cover of my current book. The hair is mine. It was permed then. Last year I allowed the perm to grow out and finally cut off about 3 inches that were still straight. I am completely natural now (or as Tracy India puts it [harsh] chemical free). I included a link to this picture in this post, which shows how I look now. My hair is almost as long as it was in 2006 but with natural hair, you can't tell true length.

      Maybe one of these days when I have more free time and the desire to do it, I'll play around at the Stardoll site and at least create a MeDoll that bears my true complexion. It is a fun site.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!