Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Which Body is Best for IT's Janay?

Janay head ©2001, Integrity Toys (IT)

Can anyone recommend a fully articulated body best suited for this Integrity Toys Janay?  I am not sure if I should stick with IT or will another manufacturer's body work well.

I prefer full articulation over partial.


Before the doll arrived, on-hand body possibilities included Integrity Toys Reese#1 or Monsieur Z Jungle Fever, Baby Phat Kara, or Rock Star Kenya (last choice). Complexion-wise, Baby Phat Kara is the best match.

Odd head connector

The head connector is what's throwing me off.  What would the loop connect to or do I not have to use this particular connector?

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

dbg

Follow my Dolls for Sale blog

Please visit and "Like" The Doll Blogs: When Dolls Speak I Listen

6 comments:

  1. Hello from Spain, i am Sorry, i can not advice you. I saw on a blog that a body phat head Kara but i do not know if you better. Keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,

    In dolls from other manufacturers, that loop usually fits on a cross piece inside the doll's neck. The loop must be inserted over the cross piece before the pieces of the torso are glued together. Most of the time the little cross piece breaks off when you remove the doll's head. I usually just push the connector inside the doll's head and use the neck prong on the new body to keep her head securely in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for explaining the functionality of this connector, Paulette. I didn't want to pop off any heads before knowing exactly what to do.

      dbg

      Delete
  3. DBG, that's the connector is from her old body like Limbe explained. You can heat her head and pull it out. I've used Dynamite Girls bodies onr a couple of Janay's I have. I also use the Barbie bodies depending on who has the closest shade match. If Kara matches I'd go with that :O)
    Anika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie, she will look lovely on Baby Phat Kara's body.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!