Thursday, March 27, 2014

Prettie Girls Lena Inducted into the Black Like Me Doll Museum

Prettie Girls Lena, designed by Stacey McBride-Irby for The One World Doll Project

According to a Facebook status update, Prettie Girls Lena has been inducted into the Black Like Me Museum in Sugarland, Texas.

Way to go, One World Doll Project and Stacey McBride-Irby!  Congratulations to you and of course, to you, too, Lena!

Located in the Houston, Texas metropolitan area, the Black Like Me Doll museum first received coverage on this blog on June 23, 2011.  That post includes a link to a news clip about the museum.

Lena has been featured on this blog in the past as well:
We Are Prettie Girls Lena is Here!

5 comments:

  1. Yay, hooray for Lena, for Stacey McBride-Irby, and for One World Doll Project. I love seeing modern playline fashion dolls in museums. Because the plastic and vinyl dolls are part of our history, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, D7ana! Playscale plastic people are as important as others that fall into the museum-quality category. As they say, today's collectibles are tomorrow's antiques.

      dbg

      Delete
    2. Yes, and while we think that plastic lasts forever, it just might not unless properly stored ;-{

      Delete
    3. Speaking to plastic longevity, I can attest that my 23 year old Barbies do not want to be "played" with. I'm reorganizing dolls and thought I would switch heads off of bodies I don't want. The necks on those old Barbies just literally crumbled when I tried to remove their heads. I kept them in a box and pretty much left them alone for all these decades, but I guess plastic is only viable for so long. The vinyl heads are still A-Okay though!

      Delete
    4. Wow, I never heard of that happening to Barbie bodies. It's good the heads survived.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!