Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Fashion Madness Denise x2 More

Summer Sleek and Super Cool Fashion Madness Denise

My first Fashion Madness Denise, Shimmer Fun, arrived a year ago, in September 2013 and readily underwent a lip enhancement procedure that went wrong.  I was a little too zealous in my attempt to enlarge Denise's lips and change her too pale lip color.

Recently, I decided to purchase another Denise and leave well enough alone.  That purchase resulted in buying the two dolls shown above, which for now will remain in their never removed from box state.  The dolls were offered in a buy it now auction for $14.99 or best offer.  I offered $10 which was countered at $12 for one doll and $10 for a second.  I accepted the counter offer.

As I indicated in my Excel entry to document the purchase, I wanted to have at least one Fashion Madness Denise that maintains the manufactured appearance.  Now I have two with that look.


Kenya's World, LLC, 2013 Fashion Madness Denise, Summer Sleek Friend of FM Kenya, Denise is 11-1/2 inches, articulated at elbows, wrists, and knees with black rooted hair, painted brown eyes, smile with appearance of teeth, pale lip color; wears brown/tan animal print dress, black and gold shoulder bag, gold high-heel shoes, silver and faux diamond earrings; purchased to have a doll with the manufactured appearance since I over-enhanced the lips of the one purchased last year.
Kenya's World, LLC, 2013 Fashion Madness Denise, Super Cool Same doll as above with different outfit that consists of lime green tank, black faux leather jacket, blue/yellow/pink ruched skirt, black calf-high boots, pink shoulder bag, silver and faux diamond earrings and matching necklace.
Summer Sleek Denise shows off her black patent-leather shoulder bag that has a gold tone chain strap and several rows of pyramid-shaped studs that line the bottom. 
Shimmer Fun Denise has articulated knees only and now even darker lip color.  She poses with the two new girls. 

dbg

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you were able to get the dolls that you wanted at a very good price! I like that black faux leather jacket on Super Cool Denise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roxanne,

      I like Denise's black faux leather jacket, too, which is one reason I purchased that one. It can't be seen from the angle of the photo (which was taken that way to prevent the boxes from catching the camera flash), but the designer-look black and gold shoulder bag the other doll has is nice, too!

      dbg

      Delete
    2. A close-up of Summer Sleek Denise's shoulder bag has been added to the post.

      dbg

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you found them. I haven't taken on "enhancements" yet but I have thought about it with Mattel's Teen Nikki, I really think she got a bad wrap with the makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've some of these in my Amazon wish list and you got some good pricing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Muff,

      The post does not mention it, but shipping was free. I believe this is the same seller from whom I purchased 2 of my 3 Keyshias and 1 of my TJs.

      dbg

      Delete
  4. I love Summer Sleek Denise's outfit. I was just looking at my Kenya dolls and thinking, they need to be in a story soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd enjoy seeing your other Kenya dolls featured in stories, Vanessa.

      dbg

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on getting additional Denise dolls, DBG! I haven't gotten one yet b/c I want to find one who doesn't have an extremely low hairline. Shrug. Crossing my fingers.

    I usually use an Excel spreadsheet for my collection, too. Happy tracking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, D7ana. Kenya's World has a new line of Latina dolls online at Toys R Us. It doesn't look like the hairline has changed much, however. Nicole's Fashion Doll.

      dbg

      Delete

Your comments are appreciated. To eliminate spam, all comments are being moderated and will be published upon approval. Thank you!